The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Forum Duplication Tool Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
Description
This addon allows you to easily copy/clone/duplicate a forum (and all of its sub-forums). Content (eg. Threads/Posts) will not be affected. Usage instructions Place the file in your Admin Control Panel Directory and point your browser to it, the form should be self-explanatory. Warning! This is fast-written Alpha-Code! Although I did a few tests and it seems to work just fine (not only on my system) I won't give any warranties - use it AS-IS at your own risk. I strongly advice you NOT to use this in a production environment. I wrote this on 3.0.6, but should work with all 3.0.x-Versions. History 0.2 Alpha Fixed a few Bugs, changed some Text, Forum Information now being rebuild automatically 0.3 Fixed wrong parameters for print_forum_chooser() Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I think I know why - but why would I want to do this?
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I think vB3 by default has a forum permission duplicator in Admin CP which I'm guessing is similar.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yes, you can duplicate/copy forum permissions by default - but not forums itself.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'll definitelly have to use it once vb4 is out
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
By that time I guess nobody will post in the vB2 forums any longer, so you could just mass-move all posts out of there and rename the category
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
ok, that may be possible as well
![]() but it's contraproductive to advertise your hack
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
contraproductive ?! pfft... Xenon wish to be the one to burn the most calories when creating similar forums... justify the salary... :laugh:
![]() btw, i tested it... i really love the drag-drop tools... nothing to edit, no hack to implement... just great... btw, why is it said :: Please Rebuild Forum Information! ????? Rebuild would be better renamed as "Edit", or "Update"... because it's kinda hard to rebuild when there is no such feature..
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hmm, in my ACP (under Import & Maintenance / Update Counters) it is called Rebuild Forum Information?
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
![]() thanks KirbyDE |
![]() |
|
|