The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have an experimenting forum on my site, Is there any mod once a thread is created, there is a time limit until thread is deleted? Say 48 hours..
Thanks |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
hum.. strange request... not possible right now, but if you make a "Modification Request", maybe someone will build a hack for this strange... very strange request..
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
um cant you use the prune function already in vb? to my knowledge you can set it prune/delete threads in a forum after a period of time
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
hum... ya AN-Net... you're right... Prune/Cron jobs... i always forget these...
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
I could also use this procedure, I can figure out how to use the prune thread option manually, but how do I get it to do this automatically?, I have heard of cron jobs? are there like macros that you can run automatically?, and if so, how do I go about seting one up to run the prune option with specific settings?.
Thanks for helping a newbie out. Keith |
![]() |
|
|