The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
We have a "Chit Chat" forum on our boards where users can post anything. The problem is that some of our users complain because others get very high post counts by making useless posts to the Chit Chat forum. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make the user post counts not go up in a specific forum.
Thanks Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Sure this is pretty easy to do. Just open up "newreply.php" and change the following code:
Code:
$DB_site->query("UPDATE user SET posts=posts+1,$dotitle"."lastpost=".time()." WHERE userid=$userid");
Code:
// Change the number 1 below to the forum you don't want posts to count in
if ($threadinfo[forumid]==1) {
$DB_site->query("UPDATE user SET posts=posts,$dotitle"."lastpost=".time()." WHERE userid=$userid");
} else {
$DB_site->query("UPDATE user SET posts=posts+1,$dotitle"."lastpost=".time()." WHERE userid=$userid");
}
-Chris |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
look just what i have been looking for as well
![]() what if you want to specify 2 or more forums ? |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Code:
if ($threadinfo[forumid]==1 or $threadinfo[forumid]==2) {
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Well thanks for the quick reply! It works great but I have a problem. What about new threads? I did the same change for the newthread.php but my post count increased when I posted a new thread. I'll be very happy if you could find a solution for the new threads.
Thanks |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
It doesn't work for me. Maybe someone else who tried can tell if it works or not?
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
I did it a little differently.
In the Forum table I added a column called countposts countposts smallint(6) default 1 Then using SQL queries I set them forums I wanted to ignore in the post count to zero. update forum set countposts=0 where forumid=XX newthread.php Look for: Code:
$foruminfo=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT
Code:
$foruminfo=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT countposts,
Under that line add: Code:
$countposts=$foruminfo[countposts]; Code:
$DB_site->query("UPDATE user SET posts=posts+1,$dotitle"."lastpost=".time()." WHERE userid=$userid");
Code:
//Wayne Luke 11/01/2000
//Exclude certain forums from post counts
if ($countposts) {
$DB_site->query("UPDATE user SET posts=posts+1,$dotitle"."lastpost=".time()." WHERE userid=$userid");
} else {
$DB_site->query("UPDATE user SET posts=posts,$dotitle"."lastpost=".time()." WHERE userid=$userid");
}
// End Modification.
Look for: Code:
$foruminfo=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT
Code:
$foruminfo=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT countposts,
Look for: Code:
$DB_site->query("UPDATE user SET posts=posts+1,$dotitle"."lastpost=".time()." WHERE userid=$userid");
Code:
//Wayne Luke 11/01/2000
//Exclude certain forums from post counts
if ($countposts) {
$DB_site->query("UPDATE user SET posts=posts+1,$dotitle"."lastpost=".time()." WHERE userid=$userid");
} else {
$DB_site->query("UPDATE user SET posts=posts,$dotitle"."lastpost=".time()." WHERE userid=$userid");
}
// End Modification
[Edited by wluke on 12-26-2000 at 04:39 PM] |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks, I think I will include this on my site.
|
![]() |
|
|