The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Ban by Referer Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
This hack bans IP addresses preemtively based on the HTTP_REFERER. Use this hack when users from a certain domain are registering and abusing your forums.
For example, consider the domain "vbulletin.org" is blacklisted. Users who are not registered (or at least not logged in) may click a link at vB.org to your forums. Because you have blacklisted the domain, their IP is immediately banned. You are also e-mailed when it happens. This is not for the feint-of-heart to configure. You need to know PHP. If you don't know basic PHP, don't ask how to install this hack. Instead (no offense intended), learn the basics of PHP. I used it recently at my forums, much to my amusement at times when the trolls suddenly disappeared and kept saying their IP was banned "even though they never visited before." Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
interesting hack filburt
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Now you could have done this nice and easily with admincp options
![]() - miSt |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Looks interesting. I was actually thinking about this a few days ago. I might try it out. Doesn't seem too hard..
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nice hack. Ill go learn PHP now
![]() i will probly end up using it but as of now we dont need it |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
actually this is a good hack
1] stops leaching of sites you suspect 2] stops people linking to your site from a site which you dont want linked from (this works perfect for me) i think its good :neato:
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
So instant ban? That's cruel
I like it.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Yep, they're banned before they can even try anything. The IPs are included in the normal IP ban option so you can remove them later there.
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
--off-on topic--
also good for if you and anouther site get into a site battle. those are fun to be in but hosts sh*t them selfs becuase each site messes each opther up. not in fun or playing in hatred. our old site battle lasted a year with ttt.com ttt is shortend of the url. --/off-on topic-- |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm just starting to learn php but need to ask you guys a question so I can go on because I'm stuck on the array()
Should the script look like: $baddomains = array('www.domain1.com','www.domain2.com'); Thank you for any help. |
![]() |
|
|