The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Calling a template on a new field Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
I'm new to this, so I'll explain what I have done from the start and what I'm trying to achieve.
I have a movie review forum, what I want is a feedback addition to the postbit. In the form of a template. So I have done this, I have added a cell in the post table called 'feedback' with the same settings as the messagetext. I have edited the editpost.php and the editpost template to include an additional message box and update the table with the info. So now I can place $post[feedback] in the postbit, a member comes along, posts saying he going to watch a film, comes back, edits the thread, and he gets an extra box, fills in a review, posts and it appears in the postbit below the previous message. What I want to do though is have a statement ( in the showthread.php file ?? ) that basically says, when loading the postbit is there any data stored in the feedback field on the database if so load the template into the postbit. I would then just place the template name in the postbit and the template would contain formatting and layout and the $post[feedback] If the template aint 'eval'd then it dont show. I have tried but I cannot get it to work. Can I have some suggestions on this please ? Thanks Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Can anyone help ??
I was hoping this would be fairly simple piece of code ? |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
surely
![]() open admin/functions.php find: PHP Code:
PHP Code:
![]() in postbit template just use $post[feedback]
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
stunning Xenon
Thank you so much for your time. Worked a treat. I am trying to get into the PHP side, my main strength is Javascript So I hope to help out where I can, but there gonna be hard to make an impact in a place like this !
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
![]() well, /me is a javascript newbie, but i think i can cover it with my php-knowledge ![]() www.vbulletintemplates.com i think there you can show your whole strenght, in templates you can use javascript
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Already done a few.
probably nothing in comparison but I'll have a look Thanks once again |
![]() |
|
|