The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Hit Counter Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
I need a hit counter for my site it is for a simple html part of the message board. This is not a php page. I would love to have a counter look like this for my site
![]() It will show you how many hits total and how many hits just for that day Can anyone help me finish this thought? Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have been thinking towards the same idea, except i plan to make it hits per forum, hits per day, and total hits per month. My idea is to have a single table with the following fields: forumid, date, ip
Then I plan to check to see if the user's ip address and the forum id matches anything in the database, if it does then not to insert their record again. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ya but i have an html page. I was just looking for a script to show the hits for the day and hits total in that type of style. If anyone can help me out that would be amazingly awesome.
cpradio do u think u can help me? |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Well i have my idea complete and implemented tell me if it is what you are looking for:
http://www.wdforums.com/forums/index.php?styleid=7 |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
I would like the hits for the day and hits totall for my html page. A non integrated page. That would be awesome.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Here is the file I used for the Unique Forum Counter, all that you would need to do is:
1) Make a table called forumcounter using the following SQL/MySQL query: Code:
CREATE TABLE forumcounter ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, month char(2) NOT NULL default '', day char(2) NOT NULL default '', year varchar(4) NOT NULL default '', remoteip varchar(250) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (id) ) 3) Then edit your phpinclude template and add this code after the last comment: Code:
include ("forumcounter.php");
-Matt |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
nice. this is a great feature thanks..
I am having trouble with the html feature though. I cannot get that one to work. I need one to show the number total and the hits for today. Do you think u can do that? Non MySQl one for the HTML. |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
I am also getting an error on the forum version i get this.
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/new-dimensionz.com/httpdocs/messageboard/forumcounter.php on line 21 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/new-dimensionz.com/httpdocs/messageboard/forumcounter.php on line 26 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/new-dimensionz.com/httpdocs/messageboard/forumcounter.php:21) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/new-dimensionz.com/httpdocs/messageboard/admin/functions.php on line 1838 Also what do i put in the template to see the hits and stuff. |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Okay I have attached a zip file in which forumcounter.php, displaycounter.php should be uploaded to the main forum folder
Read the txt file for how to install To display the stats on a non-HTML page using this code: Code:
<script type="text/javascript" href="displaycounter.php"></script> |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
No this other html page has nothing to do with the message board. I just need a java script that tells total number hits for that day and for the total hits forever.
|
![]() |
|
|