The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I want to add hacks that involve editing files like functions.php, but its 78KB. All I have is wordpad and notepad, so how do I edit those files that are too large for notepad?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Wordpad will handle them and is preferable to Notepad anyway.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
But how do you save them without converting it to a txt file?
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Just get yourself a copy of edit plus
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
EditPlus isn't great for really big files, like 100 MB, for that you want the editor John is using... I'll have to search, I just remember he once recommended it to me.
But anyway, EditPlus 2 is the way to go for PHP scripts. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks everyone. I was doing it wrong
I was selecting "Save As" instead of opening the php file in wordpad from a select folder and then selecting "Save" once the edits were completed. For some reason "Save As" converts it to a text file such as functions.php.txt, but "Save" doesnt .
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
i use ConTEXT...
|
![]() |
|
|