The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Need some help with code to use Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
In the register.php file it will check to see if a username is already taken and not allow a person to sign up if it is already in use.
Instead of just removing all the usernames that haven't posted on the forum for a long time or never posted I created another usergroup to move those members into that area. What I want to be able to do though is not include those members in that usergroup with the username check that the script uses. In register.php the script uses if ($checkuser=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT username FROM user WHERE username='".addslashes(htmlspecialchars($username) )."' OR username='".addslashes(eregi_replace("[^A-Za-z0-9]","",$username))."'")) { eval("standarderror(\"".gettemplate("error_usernam etaken")."\");"); exit; } How would I need to rewrite this so that if the usergroupid=14 (this is the number of the usergroupid that I have assigned to this new area) then it skips the error_usernametaken template? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Parker Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hi Parker,
Will this work (I'm only in the learning stages of writing PHP)? PHP Code:
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Darren:
I am not sure either as I do not know PHP code that well myself. I will give it a shot and see. Thanks, Parker |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
This will do the trick:
PHP Code:
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Chen and Darren:
Thanks for the help. I will try this out later today. Parker |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks guys. I went with Chen's suggestion as its less code. Less confusing for me that way.
![]() Chen what does <> equal? Is that less than or great than? Parker |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
I agree, Chen's method is much simpler
![]() <> means not equal and is the same as != |
![]() |
|
|