The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Code & PHP Boxes - Stop them from scrolling right... Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Code & PHP Boxes - Stop them from scrolling right...
Developer Last Online: Feb 2013
How would this be done?
Satan Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Remove <pre> from them. But it beats the purpose of CODE boxes...
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Why would it beat the purpose of code boxes? I do most of my coding and hacking through Notepad and I usually use have "word wrap" turned on. For us that do it that way, wouldn't it actually be EASIER to read the code if it wasn't wrapped?
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
If you are used to reading wrapped code, it won't matter. But personally I can't read wrapped code without line markers, so I can know and see exactly where one line ends, and another line starts.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
I guess it's all what you are used to.
I'm so new at this, that I don't do alot of code writing yet. Maybe I will feel the same way about it as you do as I learn more.To make it stop wrapping, you said something about leaving the <pre> out or something. Do I need to set that somewhere or something? |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah edit functions.php, search for [minicode]<pre>[/minicode] and you'll see what I'm talking about.
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Cool Thanks FF...
Satan |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ok, I ventured, I saw.
Do I just remove all of the <pre> parts in the functions.php or do I need to leave some of them there to get the code: to wrap? Removing all of them won't screw anything up will it?
|
![]() |
|
|