The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
I've done a search, and near as I can tell, this doesn't exist for v2.0.3
Can someone come up with a hack that would allow users to edit the subject heading and icon of their own posts (and if the post is the thread-starter, also have it update the thread title)? I had devised my own hack for this in v1.1.6, but I'm having no success at all with v2.0.3 and I suspect I'm not the only one who would find this useful. As a side-note, if someone attempts this, please watch out that an edited reply does not change the subject heading in the post which starts a thread...a small snag I ran into on the earlier version (I solved it, but it was a snag none the less). I'd just like to be able to update thread-starting titles & icons, that's all. Hope I haven't missed the obvious.... ![]() Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
For posts (non-thread-starters) this is possible.
The thing about threads is that title and icon are stored in two tables, post and thread. In the post - for displaying on showthread. And in the thread table - for displaying on forumdisplay. This can probably be solved in no time. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
In editpost.php, replace this:
PHP Code:
PHP Code:
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
WOW!!! Very very close! The rest of it was obvious after you cleared away the cobwebs for me...
The working substitution is acually like this: replace this: PHP Code:
PHP Code:
Both work perfectly now...THANKS A BUNCH, DUDE!!!...my headache is fading already.
|
![]() |
|
|