The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hey guys, I was wondering how to change the default password encryption.
I know of other people who have set far more secure encryption methods as their default, and it's a pretty important task, as if our site was ever compromised, ensuring maximum security for our database+members is obviously paramount. Does anybody have any experienced this? |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
A few people have asked about it before, mostly because they wanted it to match the encryption used by some other system. I don't know that it can be done with plugins, but if you're willing to edit some files I don't think it's all that difficult. The current encryption is md5(md5(password) . salt), so if you search the vb code for md5(md5( I think you'll find the places you need to change.
|
![]() |
|
|