The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hi! I'm looking for a hack for chat that it has a function same to msn or Facebook. In other words, the users can talk and it show the windows like at messenger or a new message at facebook.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Comet Chat is just like that, but it costs money and it's known to be a resource hog on servers. You can google it if you're interested, I wouldn't recommend without a dedicated server though. I ended up removing it.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
hello? somebody?
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Envolve requires you to use their own servers- this means they need to provide a lot of bandwidth and CPU power to run their chat- so there will likely never be a free chat like Envolve.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
one free?
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
closest to msn and facebook that is free for vBulletin is here:
http://www.123flashchat.com/vBulletin_chat.html |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just to update Envolve does offer a free version for up to 25 people to chat at once and that is available here on vBulletin.org. I am using it, so far without issue.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
there is also arrowchat (similar to cometchat) www.arrowchat.com
|
![]() |
|
|