The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Latest Blog in Postbit Using Carp for vBulletin 4.x Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Latest Blog in Postbit Using Carp for vBulletin 4.x
Developer Last Online: Aug 2021
This is an update for nevetS' mod for 3.5 at https://vborg.vbsupport.ru/showthread.php?t=91781 and gotlinks' update for 3.6 at https://vborg.vbsupport.ru/showthread.php?t=163718 to make it work in 4.x.
If you already have Carp Free or Carp LE or Carp Evolution, great. If not, you'll have to download a copy from http://carp.docs.geckotribe.com/download.php (Carp Free is now renamed Carp LE). If you need to install Carp first, golinks has some instructions at https://vborg.vbsupport.ru/showthread.php?t=163718 and there are of course more detailed instructions at http://carp.docs.geckotribe.com/ Now, modify your vBulletin installation. 1. Add three custom profile fields - in my setup, they are as follows, but make a note of the field# for later in case yours are different:
2. Create a new plugin called Carp Configuration and attach it to hook location: global_bootstrap_init_start PHP Code:
PHP Code:
4. Edit postbit (and/or legacy): Find: PHP Code:
PHP Code:
For postbit_legacy, use this code instead (thanks to 993ti who posted this here: PHP Code:
Download Now
Screenshots
Supporters / CoAuthors Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
If you wish to restrict the latest blog display to only members in good standing, follow the instructions above but use the following code for postbit:
PHP Code:
For example, I restrict privileges for new members for the first 10 posts so they don't get to display their blogs. Similarly, I don't want blog titles and links displayed for banned members. Therefore, I disable this for the following groups: New member (Registered Members): 2so I would use the following code in postbit: PHP Code:
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Nice mod, thx, comes in handy on my forum
![]() Might want to add that if you use postbit_legacy the plugincode of Get Users Blog Entry should be Code:
ob_start();
CarpCacheShow($post[field6]);
$blogentry = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
vB_Template::preRegister('postbit_legacy',array('blogentry' => $blogentry));
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks, 993ti. Added in OP and credited to you.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
I did everything, and the blog rss isn't showing, only the text "Recent Blog :" is showing up, no URL neither RSS title .. I did EVERYTHING without any expetion ! I even changed cache time to 1 minute and still nothing shown from my blog, here is the url of a thread where nothing shown in my profile http://www.blogging-talk.com/showthr...?t=3&p=4#post4
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Now working very great when I used the postbit_legacy code
I was too Dunky first time
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Works great on 4.0.3
Thanks so much for this great mod! |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
It works perfectly but it affects my cms when a comment is posted in one of the articles via CMS and not the forums (SUITE Version 4.06), trying to figure out why it causes this error:
Quote:
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Try this:
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Apparently, that didn't work for davaeaite.
Until recently, I wasn't using the CMS because it was too buggy. I'm just trying it out now and obviously something needs to be changed to register these variables more globally. I'll update when/if I can figure it out. For now, it works for forum only. |
![]() |
|
|