The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
How to convert vbulletin to UTF8 charset
We've just successfully migrated a 6m post VB forum cross server and charset and as I spent a fair amount of time working this out I thought I'd share. There are apparently third party tools to do this but I've read mixed reviews about them. I found a good step by step on the charset changeover here (http://megaz.arbuz.com/2009/04/09/co...letin-to-utf-8) though there are some errors in what he's done. To manually make the transition on a linux box, you'll need shell access and here's what needs to be done...
Now you're be right to go with a UTF8 forum! YAY. don't you feel good. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Would there be any possible way to do this without shell access?
I suppose I could get my host to do it.. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hmmmm
Woul'd it Work on Arabic Forums? I have a huge Arabic Site with too much threads... usernames... Data Can I do that and Convert all of them into UTF 8 to all the Data? Thanks for sharing though
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
You don't need to do all that, just go to admincp > language manager > edit > and there find caracter set and change it to UTF-8 or UTF8
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
can i use this modification to convert my forum into Hindi (Indian) Language?
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
how can I create a database with utf-8 collation via SSH ?
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Didnt work to me my friend !
And I need a solution, but didnt work! Sad. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
This has worked so far, but after that no plugin does work.
Code:
define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
Any idea? |
![]() |
|
|