The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
Ok here is what I want to do:
After a member registers I want an auto post to post and have the subject be his user name? I have no idea how to do this and I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanx! Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Great question, tough answer, but I think perhaps the same question in the code hacking forum would give you better results...
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
the auto post is just a mysql query. You have to put it in the script that makes a member.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
come on people, help me out
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
somebody has to know this!
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
bleh
see my next reply |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanx for replying, butI get this error:
Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO post (postid,threadid,title,username,userid,dateline,at tachmentid,pagetext,allowsmilie,showsignature,ipad dress,iconid,visible) VALUES (NULL,'10','Hi! I\'m new here','amber','5','994101591','','','1','0','24.22 .128.147','0','1') mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'dress,iconid,visible) VALUES (NULL,'10','Hi! I\'m new here','amber','5','9941015' at line 2 mysql error number: 1064 Date: Monday 02nd of July 2001 03:19:51 PM Script: /td/register.php Referer: http://www.copyforum.com/td/register.php |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
i'll look at it tommorow..I'm to tired now.
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
I bet your problem is related to the text you trying to insert. I'm more used to perl but the word "I'm" contains an embedded single quote ' and that is probably causing your problem, if I remember correctly, php like perl wants you to precede single quotes, double quotes, or other reserved letters with a backslash \, so change it to
Quote:
|
![]() |
|
|