The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Disemvowelr? - A new passive-aggressive form of moderation.. Details »»
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Disemvowelr? - A new passive-aggressive form of moderation..
Developer Last Online: Feb 2012
![]() Keywords: Disemvowel, Devowel, Revowel Description: Where to start? Basically, this modification will allow you (the moderator) to strip a post of it's vowels (ie. "disemvowel" -- get it? See what I did there? Oh yes..) Why would you want to do this? Well, I can think of a multitude of reasons.. none of them relevant, but I digress. Disemvoweling has been made e-famous by popular blog sites such as BoingBoing and Gizmodo. Details: So, what is disemvoweling exactly? Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it: Quote:
Cliff-Notes (y'know, for the slow..): This mod will turn this: Quote:
Quote:
[hr]-[/hr] Installation:
Notes: All template edits are done automagically for you. However, if you'd like to do them yourself in an alternate location, color, whatever -- simply disable the auto-template editor plugin via the Plugin Manager. [hr]-[/hr] Comments: As with all my hacks, this modification is provided free of charge. However, if you find this product useful and have money burning a hole in your pocket, feel free to make a small donation, I won't mind.. really. ![]() Version History:
* Please note that this modification was developed on a forum with a userbase of 1 (myself). I've tested it for basic functionality but I cannot guarantee functionality or behavior on your forum. So, please -- make backups before installing this product! Download Now
Screenshots
Show Your Support
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
I don't get it. What does this do? Im german and i don't understand the description and the pictures also doesn't tell much (to me)
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Allows you to strip a post of it's vowels, rather than deleting it.. thus allowing for public shaming of the affected party.
More information about disemvoweling at Wikipedia: Disemvoweling. |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm cautious. Your screen shot shows the word diemvowel in the postbit. Looks like it may stretch it out a bit.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
... What?
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hey Magnus, glad to see you're releasing VB 3.8 mods.... your mods are cool!
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Very amusing, does it show the disemvowelled notice to all members or just staff?
________ The Cigar Boss |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
All members.. I thought it would make a more effected deterrent that way, as well as explain what happened.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
You did a great job ! Thanks
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
________ CREAMPIE TEEN |
![]() |
|
|