The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hey, just wondering if I could somehow make it so if someones post is longer then 4 lines it adds something at th end like 'LONG POST'?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
How would you count '4 lines'? If you open your browser window up, the line gets longer.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
I didn't think of that, would it be easier to do if it was x words or x letters? Like, if it's more then 200 words.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Probably. But, I now picture a long post having the words LONG POST at the bottom of the post and wonder what the purpose of that is except that it makes the post even longer.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Any idea as to how I could do it? I just said 'LONG POST', it would be something else but I don't think it's appropriate for these forums <_<. Would be "disregard that ...." and if you know it you'll fill in the blank.
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well, you'll have to create a plugin which checks the length of the $post[message] and then if it's longer than xx, you would append "LONG POST" (keeping with the example) to the end.
PHP Code:
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
PHP Code:
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
But then you are counting on line breaks inserted by the user, no? So they can write a huge paragraph and it would just be considered one line? I guess the OP can try the code and see how it works.
|
![]() |
|
|