The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Any way to issue an hour ban? something similar to how stickam mods can kick someone for an hour?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I do not know of any modification to do that. I don't see a hook in the banning.php page to use around where the time periods are defined either, so I think you'd have to actually modify the code for that.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
You have to be careful, because I believe the cron that runs to unban users runs every day at midnight or I seem to remember it as such.. So if you wish to do this you'll not only have to code a mod to ban for less time but also run the cron more frequently.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
But adjusting the cron won't unban people sooner because the time limits are day based I believe...
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I don't think I've change the Scheduled Task times on that job and mine runs every 15 minutes.
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
:x my mistake! Like I said I never checked, thanks lynne
![]() So you will have to redo the banning system itself and not the cron. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I never checked until just now cuz we never do any sort of ban except for Never Lift Ban (which actually means we could just disable it, I suppose - oh, and I'm talking about on my site, not here).
|
![]() |
|
|