The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Does having another language sub forum affect SEO?
I have an Arabic Forum I would like to add an English subforum for my English visitors and users does this affect SEO? (decrease or harmful?) |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yes, this can negatively affect SEO, because vbulletin does not allow you to set a language for sub-forums. Therefore SE will index forums that are in other languages as the main language set in admincp.
So your English forums will have a lang="ar" instead of lang="en" and are therefore set as Arabic forums. I am not sure if SE would still classify non-Arabic signs as Arabic, but if not, then SE will not know what language your website is in. You need a hack to be written to resolve this. You can post a paid modification or a free modification request in the appropriate forum. |
![]() |
|
|