The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Check4SPAM - Advanced SPAM Search & Destroy! Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Check4SPAM - Advanced SPAM Search & Destroy!
Developer Last Online: Nov 2023
This project is closed. I do not give persmission for anyone to continue it or use any of the code contained in it.
Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
QUICK TIP: Always add your website domain to the URL safe list (so newbies can link to other pages on the forum).
I've not yet had the chance to test with the latest beta. Maybe someone could give it a go and let me know if everything works ok. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
wow ... really great job ...
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Bennefits of using this over the already built in spam destroyer?
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
This mod is designed with versatility in mind. You can set it as strict or as easy-going as you like, and 100% tailored to your site (rather than a generic filter)... and if the mod flags any posts it puts into the moderation queue (so you can either delete as spam without it ever showing on the forum or teach your filter to allow posts like that in future).
The best feature (or the feature I like best) is you can stop URL's to domain1.com but allow URL's to domain2.com (by using the URL safe list) even is the spammer tries using stealthing tactics. I'm not saying it's better because I haven't done a side by side test (also this mod was orginally made for 3.6.x so orginally was to fill a 3.6 gap). All I can say is give it a go, it's been a god send for me. If you can fool the URL detector PM me and let me know how and I'll upgrade it (i've tried dozens of different url formats and haven't fooled it yet). |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
It would be awesome if when triggered, a report message was sent to a specified forum like a report
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Read the write up, it all ready does. *doh! W.> |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sounds good to me. Thank you!
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Looks very promising...
Would be excellent if it could be applied to the PM system as well. Let us know who is spaming via private messages, block URLs we don't want as well.. |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have a new version coming out soon that includes things like max number of attempts before auto banning etc, so will see if I can put it into the next version.
|
![]() |
|
|