The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
Custom Usernames Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
This is a very simple modification that involves a simple plug-in. I'm sure almost everyone already knows how to do this, but I've had a few people who are new to vBulletin ask me how to do this, so I thought I would post it up for other people like that to find.
With this plug-in, you can mask any user's username with a custom name. You can even have an image as a name. Set the hook location to fetch_musername and use the following code: PHP Code:
PHP Code:
If you don't want to make a single plug-in for each user, you can put them all in the same plug-in like this: PHP Code:
Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
And the purpose? or one sample?
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Nice.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
file ? download ... where is the product ?
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
All you need is the plug-in I posted. If you don't know how to add a plug-in, just go down to "Plugins & Products" in the Admin CP, expand it, then click "Add New Plugin."
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Is this what IPB does and makes a username and nickname.
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
It's basically just a mask. You still log in with your normal username, but in posts and stuff your name will show as whatever you put in the HTML. In some places, like where it says "Last post by: Username, it doesn't work though. I'm trying to figure out how to make it so. I'm sure one of the gurus on this site knows, so maybe they'll post it up.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
To bad there wasn't a mod that would let each user do this on there from usercp
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
what's the point of masking a username? why not just change it?
|
![]() |
|
|