The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Example: I want to make a list of 5.000 things to buy. User can pick out some things. So I can only have 32 things in this list, right?
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Serialisation is just a way of turning a program object into a string, it can be as long or as big as any string, which will depend on what field type you are using, but is going to care alot more about the overall size of the field than the number of items you serialized. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
32 items rule only applies if I want to search through these items, right?
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
No, the 32 items rule never comes into effect. It's 2 to the power of 32. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thank you very much for your posts, they helped me alot!
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
32 comes into play with regards to bitwise I think
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I have no idea what this means, so cannot comment with any certainty, but I have never heard of any aspect of 32 bit architecture directly translating into a 32 item limit for any coding object in any coding language, so I think you were given some bad advice. My advice would be to try it out, see what happens. |
![]() |
|
|