The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Recently I deleted all the attachments without deleting the threads as posted by a senior member on this forum.
Now, I had 700mb database before that and still do after deleting them. Why is that? |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Are your attachments perchance on the file system instead of in the database?
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Nope: Attachments are currently being stored in the database
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Did you repair/optimize the attachment table after deleting them? Also, what is the method you used to delete all those attachments?
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
I first soft-deleted the threads (so that attachments were removed) then I just restored the threads, that way the threads were there but the attachments were gone. |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
That is not how u remove attachments, all you did was remove them from the post.
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah, I think all you did was 'hide' them. I've never had to deal with that problem, but I *think* you just need to go to Admin CP > Attachments > Search and search for all hidden attachments and then delete them. I think if I were to try that, I would back-up my database, put it on my test forum, and try it there first since I have never done it before and would worry about the consequences if I were wrong.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ok, I did the optimize tables and it got rid of the attachments
. Almost 500MB!! Thanks!
|
![]() |
|
|