The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Has anyone figured out a way to Ban AOL users? Since they all use the same proxies, you can't IP ban them.
Perhaps some Cookie based system? I realize that isn't perfect because the user could delete the cookie, but at least it would be better than nothing! |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Bump
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
i use aol occasionally and see no reason to be hated.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
<i>One of my best friends online uses AOL and I'd never what Madjidm is asking.</i>
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Maj is asking for a method of banning *specific* aol users, mainly because the way aol is set up would make an ip ban impossible for a single user.
My suggestion is to contact aol and give them the user's address and list the infractions you've had to issue. It's a pain, but it may be your best alternative. |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Actually, I've installed this (Miserable Users mod), and I have to agree that it's an excellent way to deter a problem user, and is probably 10 times more effective than banning.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
Plus, it's more fun.
|
![]() |
|
|