The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have members with user names starting with numbers, or ~ or that sort of thing. I'd like to make it so that it MUST start with a letter when they register. How can i do this?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Bumping this hoping someone can help?
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
you will have to add a preg_match() to validate the username.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm sorry i'm a newbie, that means nothing at all to me. Could you explain more?
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Go to your AdminCP > User Registration Options, and enter this value for "Username Regular Expression"
Code:
^([a-z])(.*)$ |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah - just the first character.
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
great tips, thanks
|
![]() |
|
|