The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
how do i keep my members and member list when i switch to another site so they dont have to register? im changing my site to another site, and do redirect.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
ImpEx... and import all the users to your new forums. if you're using the same database, then just set up a redirect as you've said.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
You would only use ImpEx if you were combining two forums into one or you were converting from one forum software to vBulletin.
If you're just moving your website, ie: moving from one host to another, then follow vBulletin's Documentation regarding Moving your Forum. Basically you just need to transfer all your Forum's files over, restore your Database to the new host, and then change all your config.php settings to reflect those of the new host. |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
I don't understand how impex would be easier then just restoring the DB, moving the files, and updating config.php? Impex needs two databases and it needs another app, impex installed, configured, run and then removed. I would backup the DB and move it as outlined above and 301 the old site. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Whatever. I'm not going to cyber-argue with you. If you haven't realized by now that half of the userbase here are vBulletin newbies and when they say one thing, mean entirely another -- good luck to you.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
I took his member comment to mean if I move, how do I assure my members find me and the system is the same except for a new URL.
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
i'm not going to cyber-argue with you either... just wanted to point out the error in your advice. stop trying to figure out what people "mean" and just take things at face value. that's what i do. he asked a simple question and i provided the most simple and direct answer/solution. period.
|
![]() |
|
|