The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
ColorPicker for hex codes Details »»
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
Ok, here's another small hack that I threw together. It should be an easy one. I have tested this in both Firefox and IE and both work - other than those two I don't know.
This is handy for a website that allows its members to choose a color for anything - for example: allowing the user to change their username color (I used a hack for this). I would rate this an easy modification - most everyone should be able to install this. Don't forget to change www.yourwebsite.com with your domain name/location. Step 1: Upload the entire ColorPicker folder to your website - remember where you have uploaded it to. The best place for this is in your root folder as in http://www.yourwebsite.com/ColorPicker/ Step 2: Create a reference to the colorpicker however you choose. Add a reference from any page: FIND: Code:
</head> Code:
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Idea by: Nic Wolfe (Nic@TimelapseProductions.com) -->
<!-- Web URL: http://fineline.xs.mw -->
<!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->
<!-- The JavaScript Source!! http://javascript.internet.com -->
<!-- Begin
function popUp(URL) {
day = new Date();
id = day.getTime();
eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=440,height=510,left = 440,top = 287');");
}
// End -->
</script>
For a button, add this: Code:
<form><input type=button value="Open the Popup Window" onClick="javascript:popUp('http://www.yourwebsite.com/ColorPicker/colorpicker.php')"></form>
Code:
<A HREF="javascript:popUp('http://www.yourwebsite.com/ColorPicker/colorpicker.php')">Open the Popup Window</A>
Temporary demo location: http://www.christianboards.org/popup.php All I did was make use of the reference location edits (above) and put them in a fresh php file. Show Your Support
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Comments |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Very useful tool. Thanks for sharing, christianb.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ooh. This could really come in handy. I was always wanting something like this. But is there something similar, but not something that is a Java applet? Like a simple 256 color picker?
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm not sure - I've been looking for a long time and when I found this (for free / no strings - but leave author information, etc.) I jumped on it. You could essentially find another colorpicker.class file that is free for use on a website and alter it that way. I was actually looking for something a little less profile (smaller) to use, but I figure for now - this was decent enough.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
This modification is no longer supported.
This modification has been marked re-usable. |
![]() |
|
|