The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Here's the dealio... I have a ton and a half of plugins and hacks. I want to upgrade to 3.5.4 but I am freaked out by the prospect of doing so.
Will the upgrade replace all of my php files and templates? |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
It replaces your php files and any non-edited templates.
When I upgraded, it all went smoothly, all my plugins and hacks still worked. I guess it only causes anything to break if you had to change a php for any reason. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
OK cool - I was worried about my Styles and Templates most of all. Well, since there aren't TOO many 3.5.x hacks to php files, I should be OK.
Do products and plugins ever tweak php files? |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
As I understand it (not very well - it's a foriegn language to me), plugins and products add code into set places but not into the actual php files so they don't do anything to them.
|
![]() |
|
|