The Arcive of vBulletin Modifications Site. |
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Is there anyway to have the userids mapped to the usernames maybe have something like domain.com/username to show the a users profile. Even if it was a subfolder like domain.com/user/username something along those lines. I tried searching but I havent seen it on the site.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
how did you do that?
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
mod_rewrite
http://wwww.site.com/forums/members/$1 to http://www.site.com/forums/member.php?username=$1 (pseudo code) |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Sorry but i do not understand
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I use a commercial product that does it, plus a lot of other things. You should be able to do it with a .htaccess with code similar to the above.
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
any idea? i entered it and it gave me a server cant post error
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Search for mod_rewrite and you will probably find a few posts about this.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
yeah thanks guys I did this last night. mod_rewrite pointed me in the right searching direction. I added this to my .htaccess RewriteRule ^members/(.*)$ member.php?username=$1 and it works great. In the MEMBERINFO template I had to add a / before everything so that it would point back to the root
|
![]() |
|
|